Topic: Question about App and running a campaign

I'm planning to start a campaign with a few friends and family, and I've been looking at the 5e version of this app and considering using it.  There's a couple things I've been wondering about, and I hope you don't mind me asking here:

- Are character sheets saved online?  As DM, will I be able to access their sheets?

- When other players make rolls, will I be able to see their rolls on my device?

I have not yet purchased the character sheet manager or the DM tools, mostly because I want to have a better understanding of what I'm getting ahead of time.  Even if the answer to these questions are no, I may yet purchase the tools.  Thank you in advance for the help!

Re: Question about App and running a campaign

1- It's more file based than cloud based. That being said, you will most likely get the DM tools add-on to be able to track players and NPCs.

2- Dice rolls through the app are local.

My usage of the app is for DM stuff mostly (and it's one of the best I've used), but pencil and paper is a majority of the table. I'll use Hangouts for remote people and trust their rolls. If you don't trust rolls or want more of a online interface, consider Roll20 for a full system that's online and shared between everyone or something as simple as a personal Slack channel for random dice rolls and secret communications.

Re: Question about App and running a campaign

Dear Crystalline,

There is an option to sync the characters online as well with the new online character manager.
This is account based though, so a DM does not have easily access to someone else's character. For that you can share the character as a file and import it in the app.