Topic: Encounters

Hello! I've just recently purchased the DM tools and I'm trying to figure out the encounter tools. I want to prep for my upcoming game by building encounters before hand. I'm having trouble figuring out if there's a way to save the encounters i'm building. Also the app doesn't give me the option to write in my PC's name. I can only go with the random name button. Do I have to purchase the character sheet add-on as well? Sorry if these are dumb questions but if someone could help that'd be great. Thanks!

Re: Encounters

I'm having the same problem. I bought the DM tools just so that I can prepare encounters. It said on the website you can use it to prepare encounters. However it doesn't look like there's any function to be able to set up and then save encounters. Any advice is appreciated.

One way is to save the encounters in the Initiative Tracker.
From the menu you can save and load an infinite number of initiative lists.

You can add and lookup monsters from there as well.
We are currently also creating the function to store a generated encounter directly in the initiative tracker to make this more easy.

Another way to do it is by creating a Campaign inside the DM tools and link to the monsters using the Add Link button in the toolbar on the bottom.

This helpful thank you. Being able to store generated in counters directly would be helpful. It would also be helpful if the initiative tracker utilized the initiative bonus of the character or Monster in the initiative tracker. Lastly, when creating a campaign and using the add link button there is an arrow allowing you to add a monster but there does not appear to be a way to connect back to the monsters in the database.