Topic: [Backup] old comments on official content

Here are some legacy posts that were cleared to make the official content thread readable again.

Re: [Backup] old comments on official content

All these downloads are failing. I have unknown sources on is there something else i have to enable to get them to work?

I just want to say how good this app is. Thanks for all the time and effort you have put in - it is really paying off!

In the campaign page, I have been able to link all the monsters the players will encounter, including the spells the creatures use and the items found. Using the Content Creator, I copied the content from several of the rules into new "feats" that I was then able to link, so I have an easy, quick reference to information like conditions.

I love the books and pouring through them, but not in the middle of a game - all that page-turning slows things down too much and this app solves that problem brillianty.

Thank you!

4 (edited by Bas van Stein 2016-09-17 15:53:28)

Feats are listed here, but the actual link isn't there on page one. I found it on page 3. Might want to add it to first post and audit to ensure all links are present.

Great work guys, looking forward to digging into this more.

Is there a source to import locations from?

Edit: removed quote to make it less big.

Thank you for the notice, I added the feats on the first post again.
No source for locations yet, I also need to add them to the content creator.

6 (edited by melinate 2016-09-22 08:46:10)

This app is incredibly cool, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out which files to download.

I started by loading everything, but that creates duplicates because of minor variations in the names.

Then I tried using the Pixelcide files, but when I created my 1st level Mountain Dwarf Wild Magic Sorcerer with 16 constitution it calculated the HP to be 4 rather than 9 and I couldn't get it to recalculate correctly or override the error.

When I tried the files listed before Pixelcide the HP calculated correctly, but I found out the Elemental Evil link is missing. And the spell save DC is calculating to DC16 when I expect it to be DC12 (14 Charisma).

Thanks in advance!

Hello good sir, you have put together a really great app that will help many DnD players new and old. You deserve a better rating on the Play Store, people just get it and wouldn't read the message above the search bar. Hats off to you! What a great app!

Here is something that slipped through though, under the skill Acrobatic the word "Trying to" has no space, also something minor, after the second (Dexterity) there's no space between the parenthesis and the next word, but thats only little things

Right under Acrobatics, Animal Handling, "An Animal" and "When you" have no space

Little things xD, once again, great app! And keep it up!

8 (edited by melinate 2016-10-05 08:50:09)

Looks like I just needed a bit more time with the program.

melinate wrote:

... it calculated the HP to be 4 rather than 9 and I couldn't get it to recalculate correctly or override the error.

I found where to edit HP. You adjust it in the screen where you add levels (don't include your Constitution modifier).

melinate wrote:

... the spell save DC is calculating to DC16 when I expect it to be DC12 (14 Charisma).

Looks like spell DC is not calculated. The 16 is a visual place holder for where you should enter the correct value.

Hi,

Just a little help. I can't seem to find the elemenal evil player companion file. Is it going to be reuploaded like the other files?

Thanks

HI, new to the app since yesterday, looks awesome i opted to buy the inapp options tongue and found out the forum for the extra content, good job everyone !

Tho i still didnt grasp how to make my own entries ect, is there anyone working on the new updated ranger rules for the pets ect ? also what are the best set of content i DownLoad for the full official package of the game ( no homebrew stuff big_smile )

ty in advance, night

Loving the app so far! I'm wondering if there are any plans to update the monster manual to include the "generic" stat blocks at the end such as Bandits and Cultists, and also if there are plans to add monsters from the Princes of the Apocalypse adventure?

I just finished importing all the extra content. I told the app "yes" to overwriting entries with the same ID, but I still have several doubles in my list now. How do I clean that up?

Thanks!

You can clean up the list by removing items (individually). I know its not very fast but for now that is the way to do it.

Ok, thanks smile

15 (edited by Bas van Stein 2016-11-17 11:23:29)

Cool! it looks very good, I will include it in the top post.

Will we be able to add deities? I've noticed Lathander is missing and was wondering if that could be fixed, or if I could add him myself.

How do you go about deleting duplicates in the app?

nightbloom wrote:

Tho i still didnt grasp how to make my own entries ect, is there anyone working on the new updated ranger rules for the pets ect ?

ty in advance, night

I second this, the Ranger stuff hasn't got any of the revisions.

You can make your own entries using the Content creator:
https://complete-reference.com/DD5creator/

Deleting duplicates in the app can be done by going to an item and pressing the delete button on top.

Thanks @jjlozanoj for the NPCs, I will add it on the top post.
Great job!

I just recently got this app, and I have to say it is excellent, just from the stuff I've gone through (I need to buy my schoolbooks before I can pay for the extra features).

I am baffled by the deities though. I'm surprised that they have only been mentioned twice in the comments here. I tried looking through the deities for Apollo, but when I found it I got a bizarre version that I believe came from the D&D wiki's 3.5e homebrew section. Why hasn't anybody at least put in the basic stats (name, pantheon, alignment, suggested domains, and symbol) for deities that are in the back of the PHB? I would do it, but I haven't had a chance to look at the content creator, and I won't have a chance till the end of this semester.

It would be nice to have a more in depth item list. And maybe a complete list of all the magical items

It would be nice to have a in depth list of all the magical items and artifacts

Im new so this might seem weird question, but i wanted to verify thAt these are official 5e stats even though the files are labeled dd35

Not a weird question at all! But yes they are for 5e, they just have a legacy extention.