Re: [Backup] old comments on official content

Might i ask for you to add the ruels for custom sentient weapons(i remember a part in the handbook that says you can get something enchated with sentience and a few sugestions for it)

I'm newbie here and try to find out, how to use the app. Seems easy, but the stuff is so mixed up without clear sayings of the sources (offical, homebrew etc.). Would be fine to see a source entry slot like Player's handbook p. 23 or so, isn't it? Also all attempts to download dd35s fail. I don't know why. And the content creator does not accept my password. I am really struggle with these problems using the app efficient. sad if someone could help me please?

28 (edited by anciantwizard 2017-05-06 23:15:29)

UPDATE - This file is now outdated! These and many more UA archetypes are now included in my post at the top of the 7th page.

Here's the new UA Warlock stuff and Lore Mastery Wizard

Including:
- Hexblade and Raven Queen archetypes
- an entry with all of the new eldritch invocations
- Hexblade, Raven Queen, Archfey, Fiend, Great Old One, and Seeker entries all include the relevant patron-exclusive invocations after their archetype details.

( I decided against making similar dedicated entries for each pact, but I'm willing to if you folks think it'd be helpful enough.)

Edit: minor aesthetic fixes
Edit edit: So I just noticed a couple of errors in the Archfey entry: no Warlock link at the top, and the 1st lvl feature somehow has text from a Raven Queen feature. They'll be fixed in the next class file I upload, but y'all may as well edit it in-app for the meantime.

Bas van Stein wrote:

Thanks anciantwizard!
Yes for safety reasons the uploads are limited to one per post. I can combine them though if you like or add them to the top list.

Sure thanks. (That item's file name should have something to do with Alchemy Jug anyway, since that's the only magic item it includes.)

I wanted the table to have the alternating colors. Any idea how to do that?

Does anyone have the info for the updated Mystic class?

30 (edited by anciantwizard 2017-03-21 21:25:38)

Ndoty87 wrote:

Does anyone have the info for the updated Mystic class?

There'll probably be a pretty good wait on that one; it's massive.

Btw, @ devs, how would we go about adding actual categories? Is it even possible ? As it stands, there are spell lists for the original classes, but I don't think we can do it for Artificers, let alone Mystics.

@anciantwizard, I added the Mystic and Artificer in the select boxes for next update.
I will also assign the Artificer to the spells already loaded in the standard database in the next release.

Hi how does the custom link to topic feature work? I'm trying to work on the Blood Hunter (by Matthew Mercer of Critical Role), & its related archetypes and would love to share them. Thanks

Is the list of magic items complete? I am missing  the weapon of alertness for example.

bishop618 wrote:

Hi how does the custom link to topic feature work? I'm trying to work on the Blood Hunter (by Matthew Mercer of Critical Role), & its related archetypes and would love to share them. Thanks

You can add custom links to other content by adding a link with the following url convention : "http://type.com/Item Name"

Where type can be any of the following: spell, monster, class, race, item, equipment, rule, location, story

And the item name should be written exactly as the item (or other content) you want to link to.

Bas van Stein wrote:
bishop618 wrote:

You can add custom links to other content by adding a link with the following url convention : "http://type.com/Item Name"

Where type can be any of the following: spell, monster, class, race, item, equipment, rule, location, story

And the item name should be written exactly as the item (or other content) you want to link to.

OK thank you I had been typing it the wrong way. What are the differences between choosing a title or not & target - none vs target - new window?

Hi,

Important questions.

1. In the custom creator is there a way to only download specific files? Like a pick and choose feature?

In both the "Items" & "Monsters" Categories, there are duplicate categories linking to the same group. For example, in the items tab, there is the selection: "Wondrous", "Wondrous Item", & "Wondrous Items". When checking all three they have the same items, and the favorited items appear as favorited throughout all three sections. On the Monster Section, there are copies of the different monster types, with a lowercase & uppercase copy (ex. "celestials" & "Celestials").
I'm not sure what or why, but if that could be checked out that would be awesome. This is definately my go to app for 5e.

2nd. On the Character Creation, is there a way to show a base Racial & Class stats section at the start of the creation menu and/or in the character sheet itself for the race stats? Perhaps something like the Backgrounds section where you can open that up when you pick a background.
3rd. Is there a way to implement the Ability Scores & Skills from classes, races & backgrounds, automatically upon selection? Especially on the ability score side.

Also is there any progress/thoughts on an Iphone version? My gaming group has Iphones and nothing that I'm seeing on Itunes is coming close to this app.

I've downloaded all the files and I'm pretty certain I don't have all the feats/skills.  Even dodge isn't showing up.  Although there are most of them.  Any ideas?

38 (edited by anciantwizard 2017-04-11 21:42:48)

Bas van Stein wrote:

@anciantwizard, I added the Mystic and Artificer in the select boxes for next update.
I will also assign the Artificer to the spells already loaded in the standard database in the next release.

Downloaded the update, and I see the Artificer stuff in the app, but nothing about Mystics, Disciplines, or Psionics.

Like I said, I think it'd be best to have a whole new type category for psionics, separate from spells and everything else so all those entries don't gum up the spells list or whatever.

justinguyblanchard wrote:

I've downloaded all the files and I'm pretty certain I don't have all the feats/skills.  Even dodge isn't showing up.  Although there are most of them.  Any ideas?

You may have some things mixed up. Dodge is neither a feat, nor a skill; it is a basic action which anyone can use. That would be found under the Rules section (movement and position).

I know, I also want a complete new category, that is exactly why it is not there yet.
I need some more time, and hope that in the meantime the psionics are out of playtest.

The MissingMonsters I just downloaded and installed and it seems to be missing/incorrect Challenge Rating on most/all the monsters enclosed for the filter. The actual entry when you open the monster seems to be correct, it's just the value used for searching and filtering that is wrong. I just bought the official monster manual and the Death Knight in the file says CR0 where the manual says 17, but the file's entry actually has the correct value. This needs a good kicking till it's all fixed up. Any volunteers?

This app is a live saver smile

Also, is it possible to have a fuller monster entry page? When I saw I had some monsters missing I started trying to enter my own, but

https://complete-reference.com/DD5creator/monster.php

doesn't have AC, STR etc like the Character creator does, which I find to be enormously helpful!

I've updated the entries in my copy, but I don't know how to upload them to here, if anyone wants them. Also I don't know how to set 1/4, 1/8 etc, so I've left them as 1.

Anyone working on, or have, updated UA content? Specifically the new feats for skills and racial feats? Thank you.

44 (edited by MostlyHarmless 2017-05-21 09:03:32)

The app is great and I've been using it a lot, but I've got a problem:

After downloading Pixel's classes, I now have a duplicate of every class and every template with just a minor formatting change in the name so they're not overwritten. The same problem appears with Pixel's races. All I wanted was the Warlock, Undying Light UA and now I've got lots of duplicate entries that are irritating to scroll past. Fixing it means going into over 70 entries one by one to delete them by hand. Dev, we'd love to get a delete multiple option, or better yet, can everyone just fix your formatting? Class, Archetype works very well. Most if not all the Class: Archetype entries also include the entire Base Class Features at the bottom which I find to be unwieldy and redundant.

For example, I have:
Barbarian Berserker
Barbarian: Path of the Berserker
Bard, College of Lore
Bard: College of Lore
Cleric, Arcana
Cleric: Arcana Domain
Warlock - The Archfey
Warlock, Archfey
Warlock: Archfey

Lastly, there are several class archetypes that are listed as base classes. Great work and thanks, but let's get these right!

Good points, I am working on some handy select and delete functionality in the list view such that cleaning up becomes easier.

46 (edited by anciantwizard 2017-05-31 17:53:23)

@MostlyHarmless, I put a dash in all of my entries to differentiate them from all of the others.

You may have noticed that there's a Warlock entry with a dash for every archetype except the Undying and Undying Light; that's because everything I do has at least something new in it, such as pact-specific Invocations at the end, and there was nothing for me to add to the Undying entries.

Sorry for any headaches you may have gotten lol.

Bas van Stein wrote:

Good points, I am working on some handy select and delete functionality in the list view such that cleaning up becomes easier.

When I long-press on an entry to start multi-deleting, it automatically highlights other entries as well. Is this just a visual bug, or is it really selecting those, too?
It seems to auto-select every 10th entry, so maybe the program is only reading the ones-digit or something?

Interesting...
I will need to look into this, to be on the safe side I would not delete it if you see additional entries checked.
It should only select those you actually click.

Have only recently discovered this excellent app for my android phone. Thanks to all for your efforts on the app and additional content!

Thanks for the feedback mrrockitt!

@anciantwizard: the mult-delete is safe to use, its only a display bug. 
I will fix now, it will be released in a few days.

Hi, I'm new to this app, and don't really know my way around it.  I am looking to use the Encounter Tools as more of an Encounter Manager.  It would simplify the encounters that my party runs into.  "Encounter #1, let's see, I have a dozen zombies and a Necromancer.  OK, I have their stats, and they are in this room, etc."  That would be ideal for me.