Re: Feedback is always welcome

Good idea, I need to add that smile
Thanks for the feedback Pudge!

27 (edited by theblabloop 2017-01-29 01:53:07)

Just a small recommendation after noticing something that would be useful in the UI. Could you add a search field for Deities using their portfolio? I know that would help me. Thanks for the hard work, it is most certainly appreciated by all of us!

One more thing came to mind. I'm a big fan of donjon and all the scripts/tools built by those guys. As far as DM tools go, similar concepts would be a plus. I for one like the idea of generating shops. I could create a separate post with a full idea on that. Just to help you fill in your own script. Let us know, I'm willing and I'm sure others here would be willing to help.

As far as helpful content, is there anything we can do to more directly help out? I've built my own personal skyrim mods/ built small worlds in cryengine, and scripted with a handful of languages. All I'm trying to say is this stuff can take up alot of time and I totally get it. If we can help, let us. PM me or shoot me an email if you wanna another pair of hands to help out.

Hello Sir,
Just two ideas, tied together. 

Currently I am playing 4th ed with a group, and we will be switching to 5e after a total group wipe, or we retire the charters.  Since very few people in our group have anything related to the next edition my DM is talking about keeping things as basic as possible, and this may mean just races and classes out of the PHB.  Your app is able to import files that contains content from all available sources. 

First, is it possible to note where the info comes from, such as Human race would be PHB, while the Goliath is from EE.  The second request is related to this - being able to search, and filter, based on the source, so I could include, or exclude, results from different sources. 

Do you plan to do much more work on the charter sheet section?  I am using another app that does good with the basics, such as race, class, background, stats, and basic equipment, yet falls flat when it comes to magical items and spells.  It knows that based on a race you get a bonus to one or two ability scores, and that with a certain class you may get this or that skill.  It helps in creating a new charter.  I am not asking you to re-invent the wheel, yet with all of the information already collected it would be nice to see it more fully utilized, and can surpass what is already out their.

Thanks for considering my two requests based on the source of the material.

@pudge There is indeed no value, but I believe it is roughly 1000 gold * magic item level.

I generally don't like how little avatar pictures there are. There is only one for dwarf and half orc (both male), no male elves, and nothing for dragonborn or tieflings (or gnomes, but I don't use gnomes) If you could please add more avatar pictures, that would be amazing. You could also allow people to make their own avatars. I recommend you do both.

Another problem is the weird way backgrounds are presented, being in the class category. Others might not have a problem, but I have OCD about that stuff, and would appreciate if you were to make a category for backgrounds separate from classes.

Those are just some ideas. I hope you take them into consideration.

Hi, nice app.

I use an ipad and an iphone. Is there a way to transport a char from one device to another?
And is it possible to create content for IOS the way it is done for android?

Thank you

Hi, trying out the IOS version. I noticed that the ability points aren't saved. Also the languages, Personality Traits, Ideals, Bonds, Flaws and Notes aren't saved. It would be nice if they were smile

Hi DutchPainter!

Thanks for the email, and forum message, I had a very busy day but will reply to you tomorrow in detail.
Really appreciate the feedback!

Groetjes
Bas

34 (edited by Zeraxis 2017-09-18 03:12:50)

So there are two things I'd like to address the first is that I don't have the spell tashas hideous laughter.  I'm not sure why as I have redownloded all the spell files that I could find and I still do t have it. The second thing is if you could make a section in the character sheet that is for racial and class features that would be great. Thanks for the amazing app so far. If you get back to me it would be best to do it by email. (jdbyler@hotmail.com)

Thanks for the feedback!
The spell "tashas hideous laughter" is there but it is called "hideous laughter" instead, since all person names from D&D are trademarked by Wizards of the Coast and we are not allowed to publish these.
Racial and class features can be added in the Feats section if you download the newest PhB-All file, it contains many racial and class features.

Hey, very helpful app! I was wondering if there is a way to import images for custom avatars.

Thanks!

Dear imtheslime,

At the moment not because I do not want custom images to sync with the server.
Perhaps I can make this a "local" feature only though.

I would love to see a few Drow avatars as well male and female please.

I Really love the app, but I would love to be able to edit the database via some sort of editor.

Right now there is some Info missing here and there in the spells or multiple entries of the same item and so on.

Also what Mike the mad said above, there needs to be a way for grouping by sources, especially to separate official from homebrew sources.

I'd even go as far as to offer help with development!

Kind regards.

40 (edited by Bobert 2018-01-12 13:30:31)

I agree regarding editing. It would be great if you could duplicate a listing before editing it. For example, I thought I might create a separate monster listing for a swarm of spiders. It would be much easier if I could duplicate the insect swarm entry then add in the extra spider abilities rather than doing it all from scratch.

I've also notice the D&D Entry Creator doesn't have an option to add or edit rules. It would be really useful to be able to do that from here rather than creating custom rules on my phone.

A.l.jordan wrote:

I Really love the app, but I would love to be able to edit the database via some sort of editor.

Right now there is some Info missing here and there in the spells or multiple entries of the same item and so on.

Also what Mike the mad said above, there needs to be a way for grouping by sources, especially to separate official from homebrew sources.

I'd even go as far as to offer help with development!

Kind regards.

Thanks for the offer, send me an email to info@vansteinengroentjes.nl or a direct message, such that we can discuss the possibilities.

Bobert wrote:

I agree regarding editing. It would be great if you could duplicate a listing before editing it. For example, I thought I might create a separate monster listing for a swarm of spiders. It would be much easier if I could duplicate the insect swarm entry then add in the extra spider abilities rather than doing it all from scratch.

I've also notice the D&D Entry Creator doesn't have an option to add or edit rules. It would be really useful to be able to do that from here rather than creating custom rules on my phone.

You actually can, when you click edit for an item, and then save, you will be asked if you want to overwrite or create a new item.

Hope that helps!

Ooh. That is good news. Thanks very much

Love the 5e app, has made our group of noobies work a lot smoother! Keep up the good work!

Really liked the app, but I'm having an obnoxious issue. I unlocked the DM tools on one of my Google Play accounts, then later added another Google account to my Android device. Now the app keeps defaulting to the account that was more recently added causing ad banners and attempting to make me purchase the DM tools on this Google account too just to remove the darn ads.

What you can do is this:

Uninstall the app.
Go the the google Playstore, make sure the account you did the purchase with is selected in the left menu.
Install the app again.

Now it should unlock.

Love the app, it really helps to stay control of your d&d campaign.
I also have a question about the rules section. I believe that not all rules are in this section. Such as spellcasting and how to deal with concentration spells. I hope this section could be expended.

When clicking on link for example a spell highlighted as a link from cleric life domain it just loads on and on. Doesn’t work

Hello. First, I wanna thank you for putting a lot of time and effort into this awesome app. I know it's not perfect, but man is it extremely convenient. Also, thanks again for telling me how to properly share information for others to download. I'm grateful.

Something that'd help a lot would be a way to add 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2 for CR ratings for monsters. As it stands, other than 0, the CR could only go as low as 1 when I try to edit them myself. We'd be able to organize the monsters by difficulty more accurately, and it'll be easier to search for Ranger Beast Master tames.

I downloaded the new context, thanks btw. When I cub open on a spell (no matter what one), from the ones I pick for a character, there is no info on that spell. I even removed and re=selected.