Topic: Monsters in 5e

Hi guys,

sorry to be back again but I have been using the app a lot and really liking it. However I have come across a rather serious issue that has caused me to look at using other applications.

To put it simply the monster list is very incomplete simple options from the monster manual like Bandit captain and Berserkers are missing and thus I have to keep the hard copy of the book i have and keep flipping through the pages slowing my games down a lot.

Is there any plans to update the monster list for the 5e application? I see several files in the 3.5 forum but after trying to import them no new monsters were added.

Re: Monsters in 5e

I had the same problem.
I'm playing a druid and it helps to have a list of the beasts I can transform into and even after trying to add some I have no idea where they go or what happens to them. I spent nearly an hour editing a creature to make it as organized as possible.

Monsters are coming. I plan to add a list of monsters next week.

Be patient wink

I have a suggestion as well. Maybe have the monsters be able to be sorted from different areas. Swamp, forest, mountains, that sort of thing.

I might not be creator of the app, but im thinking that we should be able to add entries. I clicked the add content option in the app and added a monster entry (swarm of rats). I thought it would get added to the database, but it is only part of "my" monster list. I dont really understand the point of this feature if it doesnt add anything to the database... except if this is simply a malfunction? It would be really useful as a DM to have access to these, especially since i do not own the monster manual...

You can definately at your own content to the app.
Use the online content creator: https://complete-reference.com/DD5creator/
Then download the file from the content creator and open it on your phone with the app.
For iOS you would need to open the file from a file sharing app such as Dropbox otherwise it does not work.

You can also upload the file to this forum to share it with the rest of us.

In addition, many of the monsters you can also find in the official content section of this forum smile

If you have more questions let me know!

7 (edited by LilNarwhal 2018-08-21 11:28:37)

Still a problem for me. See, im on IOS, and when i press the download button it doesnt open up a file but a series of characters, that represent my entry as code (looks like html). So on that web page, i selected the text and clicked share, and put it on the icloud drive. Then, from icloud drive, i clicked share on the file, but i cant find a way to share it to the d&d app, it only shows actual sharing apps, that have someking of online connection, or simply apps like notepad. Is there a way to force the d&d app to show up? Same goes for dropbox, where when i ask to open with, it says no apps support the file