Topic: Bug: Cannot Import to 5e

No matter which file I choose or which method I use, I keep getting similar errors when trying to import. Took a screenshot and will attach. Using a Samsung Note 8 with Android 8.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screenshot_20181231-161421_Complete Reference.jpg 1.34 mb, 143 downloads since 2019-01-01 

Re: Bug: Cannot Import to 5e

Just tested on my Lenovo Yoga Book tablet. Same error as in the screenshot from my Note 8.

Very strange.
Could you try to remove the data of the app (settings->apps->complete reference->storage, clear data)

Then open the app.
Then try again to download and import the file.

Same error on both devices, even with data and cache cleared. All of this is on top of the fact that it was a fresh install. It produces similar errors with every content file I've tried.

Also the "open in app" option is failing. Before clearing the data it would sit on 0% in the progress bar before the progress bar would vanish. After clearing the data the progress bar advances before vanishing. In both cases, nothing is actually added and there is no error message of any sort.

Just did today's update. Something in your bug fixes seems to have solved the problem and now all methods of importing data work on my phone. Will test the tablet later tonight.

Now to find out whether the library program I'm volunteering to DM for wants to play 5e (in which case I'll be paying for the additional tools on this version) or Pathfinder (which I already have the paid version of)

Apparently my last post didn't go through. App tested fine on the tablet as well.