Re: Official Content

glacialfox wrote:

I can't seem to figure out how to get downloaded content onto the app. I can find something on the forum and click the open in app button but I can't find the files on my phone to bring a downloaded file into the same folder. So if I make my own content and download the resulting .dd5 file, I have nowhere to put it and it doesn't show up in the app. How do you get it to work?

Depending a bit if you are on Android or iOS

For Android:
You can click the .dd5 file in your download folder on the phone and it should either show a popup with the app as one of the options to open it with or open it directly with the app and import the content.
If that does not happen you can try a few work arounds that have worked in the past.
1. Open the file using a file browser app (Astro for example)
2. Open the file from an email app (email to yourself)

For iOS:
This is a bit annoying, but iOS does not allow the file system to be used for downloads. So you need to use Dropbox or another third party cloud storage. Put the file in Dropbox (or drive etc), then go to the file on your device and select "open with" and choose the app.

127 (edited by Revan7even 2020-04-20 01:55:24)

Bas van Stein wrote:
Revan7even wrote:
Ippys wrote:

Maybe I missed it, but I seem to be missing Tortle content. Is that available somewhere?

I included it in my Complete_db_Races file which is on this page up above. It hasn't been added to the sticky yet.

On a side note I'll be updating the Ravnica races in my UA Races1 file now that the book is out.

@Revan7even, let me know when you are done with the race files, I will include them in the all_content file when you are ready.

Here are all races from the Player Handbook (including Variant Human) through Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, as well as Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, Grung, Tortle, and all Plane Shift Races. The previous UA versions of the Ravnican races (excluding ones from Plane Shift) are overwritten. The UA versions of Centaur, Minotaur, and Viashino are not overwritten, but are no longer included.
The only UA content remaining in this file is the Abyssal Tiefling.

Also included are Plane Shift Classes (including backgrounds and general and race feats), Revised Ranger, Fixed CoS items (still have to delete old ones that are incorrectly under equipment), and MM Missing Monsters that I previously uploaded, as well as a fix to the Life Domain cleric's missing Disciple of Life feature.

I've combed through everything and tried to unify the format and fix any errors and typos (I made a LOT of typos).
NOTE: The old Zendikar races were using different numbers, so you'll have to delete the old ones.

UPDATE: Found more errors, such as not a single capitalized "f" in the file, and did some more rearranging of text on some entries to try and match the format of most of the other entries better.

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon Revan's Holocron.dd5 --- [Open in app] 749.51 kb, 3551 downloads since 2019-08-07 

So, just to clarify: since the initial post was last editted in June of 2018, should I only get the "all content" file from the first post, and then read through replies since June of last year for updates, and choose what else to download?

Creatures, Races, Classes, Feats/Spells, have been done

Only thing lacking is items both magical and otherwise

dracostarnes1314 wrote:

When can we expect Stuff from Eberron: Rising from the last war

oh, i'd venture to say about as long as it takes for you to type it up for everybody! get goin'!

131 (edited by mbriddell 2019-11-25 01:26:55)

Here's the official Artificer.

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon myclasses (4).dd5 --- [Open in app] 258.31 kb, 3667 downloads since 2019-11-24 

mbriddell wrote:

You are amazing!!!

There should be a warning about this in the first post.

I dunno how widespread this is among all of those files because I only looked at wizard spells cantrip through 3rd level (stopped there because of this) but the SRD5 descriptions are not the official ones, they are abridged to a problematic degree.

For example 'Find Familiar' only says "You summon a familiar that is bonded to you in the form of a tiny animal. A familiar can deliver touch spells for you if desired."

The official text is very long and I don't mean long like unnecessarily wordy, I mean there are a lot of specifics. It lists the animals you're allowed to make (there are around ten of them), it talks about the rules for communicating with it telepathically, the conditions where you can perceive through its senses, what happens when it dies, what happens when you re-cast it, the fact that it can't attack, the fact that you can dismiss it to a pocket dimension, etc.

I know some people find reading tedious so I get the appeal of abridging things but when it has to do with rules that functionally affect a game, that version doesn't cut it.

I'm not complaining about something I got for free. It's up to them how they do it but I'm just trying to help other people see the problem before it happens and not waste the time that I did smile

New complete DB file (version 2) with all additional files that have been posted in the mean time included.
This file still needs testing, if you have any feedback let me know via a post reply.

mbriddell wrote:

Thank you, I have added them as well!

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon complete_db_2.dd5 --- [Open in app] 5.91 mb, 5064 downloads since 2019-12-02 

135 (edited by Z3DT 2019-12-11 07:19:27)

The subtypes for Aasimar seem to be missing: Scourge, Fallen and Protector. They each have a different additional Race modifier on top of the standard Aasimar modifiers. I tried making them myself but the Race Builder only lets me give it a name and description.

I tried making a Fallen Aasimar character, but it didn't apply the Strength modifiers and I can't seem to figure out how the character builder works. Does it get the modifiers from the description somehow?

Thanks for the notice, the race modifiers are hard coded at the moment and only check the name of the race to apply them.
I will see if I can include the subraces of Aasimar soon.

Wow that's a much faster response than I had expected. Thanks!

138 (edited by mbriddell 2020-01-18 06:40:31)

For Critical Role fans, I've finally gotten around to making the Blood Hunter class and its archetypes. I'll try to get the latest versions of the Cobalt Soul Monk and Gunslinger up later tonight.

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon Blood Hunter.dd5 --- [Open in app] 346.04 kb, 2949 downloads since 2020-01-18 

Here are the Cobalt Soul and Gunslinger. If there's enough interest, I'd be willing to do the other subclasses that Matt Mercer has created from the Taldorei handbook.

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon Gunslinger Cob Soul.dd5 --- [Open in app] 361.69 kb, 2855 downloads since 2020-01-18 

Bas van Stein wrote:

New complete DB file (version 2) with all additional files that have been posted in the mean time included.
This file still needs testing, if you have any feedback let me know via a post reply.

mbriddell wrote:

Thanks for doing all this work, I just have a small question.

When installing this file on a new install of the app, I have duplicates of several entries, such as the base classes, with different formatting for each. Do I just need to go through and delete the duplicate entries manually, based on which formatting I prefer, or is there a button somewhere I missed? I chose to overwrite everything when prompted.

141 (edited by Revan7even 2020-03-11 08:56:52)

Bas van Stein wrote:

mbriddell wrote:

I believe this used my older files such as Complete_db_Races.dd5 rather than the updated (and much better named and sorted) ones in Revan's Holocron.dd5. If necessary I can delete the old files so it doesn't cause confusion for forum users.

I also somehow ended up with 4 Bard - College of Swords after importing, one of which is marked as a base class, and that's not counting the one I edited within the app (which the import should have overwritten as I overwrote when saving the edits, but it seems to behave that way for everything else I edited within the app), plus about 2/3 of the classes and background have duplicates (possibly due to not overwriting), and some of the classes have 2.0 at the end of their names. That's just what I've found initially.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Capture+_2020-03-11-01-52-17.png 920.15 kb, 139 downloads since 2020-03-11 

Thank you for the notice, could you delete the files from the forum that are outdated, then I will compile the complete list again.

I was wondering if there was a druid: circle of stars archtype in the unearthed arcana. I would love to make it but I can't figure out the creator template.

Bas van Stein wrote:

Thank you for the notice, could you delete the files from the forum that are outdated, then I will compile the complete list again.

Sorry for the delayed response. I removed all my previous posts since the one file covers everything. Note this overwrites IDs of some users' older files, such as cmac's and mbridell's (been a while, but pretty sure I didn't make any duplicate entries with a different ID, other than old files on page 1 not included in the complete_db)

I've put it off but since there's so much free time staying at home, I may as well update the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron races with the official ones from Rising from the Last War. I'll update the file here and in my other post whenever that happens.

Anything for wildemount

Love this forum. Just as a question...is there a single file with all of the updates included as of yet?

147 (edited by BenMcCacks 2020-08-20 21:09:14)

Yo, nerds, I have compiled some missing UA, Guide to Wildemount, Tal'Dorei, Eberron Subclass stuff and the full Artificer Class, the Blood Hunter class and the Runescribe prestige class into a pretty little bundle, yet alas, I could use some assistance on how, when I have typed up some other content, to nicely squish them all into one little .dd5 file for everyones UA and missing content pleasures, por fa. Otherwise I'll just continue to post them as I make them, in the categories they are in?

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon myclasses.dd5 --- [Open in app] 465.57 kb, 2576 downloads since 2020-08-20 

148 (edited by BenMcCacks 2020-08-20 21:45:07)

Races and Subraces from Eberron and Guide to Wildemount, race variants from Wildemount and a selection of the hybrid races from Eberron

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon myraces.dd5 --- [Open in app] 36.77 kb, 2666 downloads since 2020-08-20 

Dear Ben,

Thanks for sharing! I think you forgot the file in the last post.
I can help you combining them if you like. Just upload them here and I will combine them to one file.
Or send them to info@vansteinengroentjes.nl .

150 (edited by BenMcCacks 2020-08-20 21:54:19)

Must not have loaded the races file when I posted it, fixed though. This file is the Dunamancy spells from An Explorer's Guide to Wildemount. I categorised the spell school as Dunamancy and the subschool as what school Matt Mercer ascribed the spell; whether Evocation, Divination, Necromancy that kind of stuff. Only one is possible as a ritual spell, which should be indicated on the spell (Wrist Pocket) and any of the spells which belong to either the Graviturgist or Chronurgist Subclass has been indicated in the name, the rest are un-classed Dunamantic Spells.
Ill let you know when I am finished posting UA, Eberron and Wildemount content Bas, probably tomorrow, and if it isnt too much trouble to throw it into one file, then that would be very cool. Ill start with the bestiary from Wildemount and the Vestiges/Arms of the Betrayers for anyone who wants the for stats or daydreaming purposes and go from there as of tomorrow.

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon myspells.dd5 --- [Open in app] 17.79 kb, 2640 downloads since 2020-08-20