1 (edited by PirateShip 2020-01-21 16:26:40)

Topic: Character Creation Custom Avatar not saving.

While making a character on the app, I noticed that none of the default avatars really fit my character. So, I found one online that was perfect, cropped it, and set it as Avatar. It worked perfectly in the app, everything saved, but when I closed and opened the app again the Avatar was a green circle and in the character menu it was gone. When I opened the online creator it was a file logo.

I reopened the app, set Avatar again, saved, then closed and restarted a few times just to ensure it wasn't a fluke, and the error continued.

I have attached the exact cropped image I used to cause this issue.

Edit: It may have something to do with the fact that you can't put custom avatars on the online creator and it loads the character data from the online source every time you open the app.

Just tested it, I logged out of the online sync account on the app and the problem dissapeared. Definitely a sync issue.

Edit2: Also, it seems there is nowhere to add Tool/Weapon Proficiencys. As a current workaround you can add them to "Languages" and they print in the right location, but they do not factor into character stats. If I am missing something let me know.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 344db1b17882f470665555561a36b1fd__01.jpg 97.44 kb, 124 downloads since 2020-01-21 

Re: Character Creation Custom Avatar not saving.

Thank you for the notice!
We will work on this and make sure your image stays in the app.
We do not upload them to the online version on purpose but it should indeed not disappear from the app either.
Also good point about proficiencies, we will add another stat block.

3 (edited by PirateShip 2020-01-22 13:29:15)

Re: Character Creation Custom Avatar not saving.

Bas van Stein wrote:

Thank you for the notice!
We will work on this and make sure your image stays in the app.
We do not upload them to the online version on purpose but it should indeed not disappear from the app either.
Also good point about proficiencies, we will add another stat block.

No problem! I have been using the app for a new campaign and it's extremely useful. Overall really great app.

Oh, on the same note, if I am logged into the sync account every time I open the app it replaced the "Player" section in the character to the account username. In my case that is "PirateShip". And it does this to all characters in the list. So, if I try to make different name and characters for other people/scenarios, it makes all of them played by "PirateShip". Not a huge problem but slightly annoying.

I really like the app and will continue to note any issues I come across. Thanks.