Topic: Frequent random crashes, stock Android 8.1.0 on Pixel 2 XL.

First off, I love the app. I experienced crashes prior to upgrading, but I was hoping the latest update fixed some issues.

Unfortunately the crashes have become too frequent and it's entirely unusable for even running a two hour session. I will try to continue to use the app for now since it's the most complete and most helpful app on the Play Store.

I've sent a couple of feedback reports but I'm not sure what's causing the crashes. I'll look up rules, weapons, spells, monsters, etc. and sometimes it will crash on the same searched item. For example, I'll search "shortsword" and click the entry, and sometimes it will crash the app and other times it won't.

Without trying to sound demanding, I'd like to see if I could request a refund. I want to support the app and it's development but I can hardly use it in the meanwhile.

Cheers!

Re: Frequent random crashes, stock Android 8.1.0 on Pixel 2 XL.

Dear DungeonMunster,

Thank you for the crash report, we are aware of issues with Android 8 and 8.1, the bug unfortunately is not directly the app but is inside Android itself.
We use a webview to display the content and sometimes (seemingly random) this causes a crash in an Android native library.

What it basically means, is that we can not fix it and need to wait for an Android patch. We hope the next update will make it work better again.

Thank you! I'll hang in there for the next update.

Thanks, and in case you do want a refund, just send the playstore receipt to info@vansteinengroentjes.nl and I can process it for you. No problem at all smile