1 (edited by Spyderhelix 2018-02-15 07:58:32)

Topic: Another can't import content post..

So I've read through the forums and got the info I thought I needed for installing the community content for the app.
Downloaded a file manager..no go, didn't see the app so i could associate the files to it..
Tried emailing the files to myself ..no go, just downloads the dd5 files directly to my tablet..
Get on chrome...now here I had limited success!...and failure..
Clicked on one of the links to download content, it asks me if I want to open the file (eureka! At last!!) I say yes..
AND IT INSTALLS INTO A GAME :[
I click it to install and my Plague inc game pops up and tries to install the content.. which doesn't work of course. I delete plague, try to load the file again and nothing. I'm not sure how to reset how files are used by apps, but nothing was going on in the plague app.
Any help appreciated, I'd love to see what this app is capable of.
Running on a Samsung tab a with androids 6.1 I believe.

2 (edited by Spyderhelix 2018-02-15 09:00:17)

Re: Another can't import content post..

Factory reset my tablet out of frustration and figured a clean slate would allow me to download everything properly.. installed d20, astro and started trying to download files,  they downloaded through chrome directly into my downloads folder without asking about install, then when I used astro it brought up a dialog box with a list saying "image" "text" "audio" "video" but doesn't give me an option to open with an app.
I'm completely stumped. Also Dropbox just downloads the file, no asking if there's an app that will open it.
I even downloaded a few dd35 files and then opened the d20 app and the app said "importing".... and then failed to import any data.
Should I start just typing stuff in by hand or what, cuz it seems that what fixed everyone else's problems isn't working for mine.
Thanks for any and all help!

To finish the night I found an app called x-plore file manager that allowed me to point to an app to open the dd35 files I have.. out of the 15 apps I have installed it didn't point to d20 as being installed at all.
I give up,  I have to work tomorrow.

Hi Spyderhelix, I am very sorry to hear that you have so much trouble getting the content to work.
Could you tell me your device model, android version and verify that the d20 app is installed with Storage permissions?

You can send me an email to info@vansteinengroentjes.nl.

Hey, I am having trouble importing to the 3.5 app, all the files are .dd35, the app has the permissions needed, but with my phones built in file browser and astro, it says no app can open this file.
I have a Samsung galaxy s8, Android version 7.0.
I think it may be a compatability issue with android 7.0, as in the past I was able to import the stuff for the 5e version of the app just fine, before I updated my phone to 7.0.

Update: I emailed the files to myself like read about Someone else doing, and opening the file in the email worked for importing