Topic: [FAQ] Frequently Asked Questions for 5e

[FAQ] Complete Reference for 5e

Q: Why is some content missing?
A: The app comes initially with the complete SRD 5, this is a limited open-source set of rules, monsters, items etc. Unfortunately we can not publish all content in the app.
However, this forum provides you with the possibility to share and create content for the app. In https://complete-reference.com/forum/vi … php?id=116 you can find a lot of additional content for 5e that you can directly import into the app.
Download the file, open the file on your phone or tablet and select the Complete reference for 5e if an app-choose dialog appears. The app will import the content and you can use it directly.
For iOS users, first save the file to dropbox or another cloud storage app, and from dropbox select Share -> Open with.. and select the Complete Reference app.

[FAQ] Character Manager

Q: How to edit the maximum HP of a new character?

A: When you create a new character, the maximum hit points is set to the hit dice of the class plus your constitution bonus. If you want to change this, go to the "Level up" screen by either pressing the Level up! button or the button that displays your current class and level (just below the character name).
In the level up screen (see attachment) you can change the hit points you got per level, the max hit points will be the sum of the hit points in this screen + your level * constitution bonus.

Q: How do I level up my character?

A: You can level up a character by clicking the Level up! button, you will see the add class screen (see attachment 'level-up-screen.png'). You can now add a level with the class or archetype you want to level up with. When you level up you get a random number of hit points that you can replace with your own choice if you prefer. Look at your class description to see any other bonuses you might gain.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon level-up-screen.png 64.07 kb, 234 downloads since 2017-04-23 

Re: [FAQ] Frequently Asked Questions for 5e

When I click the level up button nothing happens...

Is there a way to transfer characters to other devices?

So I did import alot of new information. The issue I am having is with character manger the race updates with but the classes won't. It's wierd because jester is there at the start but I can not pick it for a class in the character manager. Is there something I am missing?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon SmartSelect_20190109-184601_Complete Reference.jpg 129.33 kb, 184 downloads since 2019-01-09 

Jester is a background, not a base class. In the dropdown you can only select base classes.

How can I get rid of the caption [Usergen] after the title of the content that I created?

By adding the text Reference: xxxx
The caption is the reference to a source, if you fill in the full text a Reference: PhB for example, it will show as [PhB]

Bas van Stein wrote:

By adding the text Reference: xxxx
The caption is the reference to a source, if you fill in the full text a Reference: PhB for example, it will show as [PhB]

Do you mean in the main text? (I am traslating the Italian DnD so I am not going to have this word in my text)

Another question: can I select proper  images for classes and races?

Whenever I go to try and create custom content it brings me to a new login page, it then doesn’t take my login information. Is this happening to anyone else? I just want to add some 5e custom campaign information to my app.

I can't figure out if a created content Race's attribute bonuses can even be involved with the character creator scores. Example; The Lizardfolk from Volo's bonuses to Constitution and Wisdom won't automatically add it's racial score in character creation. Is there something I'm missing or do I just have to manually apply the scores?

CurdledCritter wrote:

I can't figure out if a created content Race's attribute bonuses can even be involved with the character creator scores. Example; The Lizardfolk from Volo's bonuses to Constitution and Wisdom won't automatically add it's racial score in character creation. Is there something I'm missing or do I just have to manually apply the scores?

Good question, unfortunately this is not automated very well.
We do a name check on the race and class to determine the bonusses.
In this case that means you have to apply them by hand indeed.

How do I put a level 1 spell in a level 2 slot?

Why can't I access the content creator? I just want to create - for my own use - a file to import Variant Humans since no one else seems to have make a version that I can get to work on the character creator.

We will have a look to see what is the issue @kdptaylor, thanks for notifying us