Topic: Import Content?

So I downloaded all the classes, feats, etc, from the free downloads section. How do I import them to the app?

Re: Import Content?

Just open the file - it should automatically import data to application.

Yes exactly, on opening the file with the app you will see a loading message and a message when it succeeded the import.

I made a class, but when I try to download it, it downloads as a text file and doesn't import to the app. How do I fix this?

Rename the file to .dd35 and then try to open it with the app.

I cant open the files!! every time i download it, it always open with pdf app, even after i erase all the defaults, i even deleted the app of adobe pdf, and it still tries to open the file with it. dont know how to make it so that the app opens the files.

Dear CHUZ, which is the file name you are trying to open and from which application?
(3.5 app or 5e app?)

8 (edited by CHUZ 2016-03-10 07:11:08)

Im talking about D&D 5e app. Im trying to download all the new Files to import for the feats, races, etc. There are four files from today onward. They are .dd35 files and i read that i must download them and then open them so i can add them to the app.

Always i tried to open them and after tha drive pdf tried to open them.

After i deleted drive app. It appeared a message telling that there was no way to open the files

Dear Chuz,

Ok, I recommend to download the file on your phone, then do not open it directly but go to the downloads folder of the phone using a file manager (like Astro) and open the file from there. It should give you the option to open the file with the app but sometimes this does not work depending on the application that requests the opening of the file.
Let me know if this approach worked for you, another way that might work is to email the files to yourself and open them using the email app on your phone (but that is less handy of course).

Hope it works this way.. sorry for the inconvenience.

10 (edited by CHUZ 2016-03-10 20:24:09)

Thank you very much, that made the work, dont know why it didnt work before cause i always download them directly from my phone, but the trick with ASTRO really worked.

Thank you very much for your help guys, your app is becoming more and more awesome. But i would recommend to find an easier way for the users to update the info, im patient so i didnt have a problem with talking with you about it, but other people will just erase the app. Hope you well

Note: I had to go into Setting->App and in the app permissions I had to expressly tell it that it had access to 'storage'. Otherwise it just gave an error. This was on Android 6.0.1

Otherwise, great app.

12 (edited by ddrector 2016-03-23 17:42:43)

When I installed on my tablet running 5.01 it updated fine - but on my phone running androd 6.01,  I had to go into settings and tell it it had storage permissions, and then install Astro File Manager and open the updates with it before it would cooperate.

Great app by the way.

I plan to update the 3.5 app on this friday with better support for android 6 and a ton of new features!

14 (edited by raladwhytedrake 2016-05-20 19:04:38)

I downloaded the files. They all say .dd35 at the end. I try to open them, the ap says I need to give it permission, but it already has storage permission and I can't edit the permissions on my device. I am running Android 4.0.3.    Any suggestions?

Update: uninstalling it and reinstalling it worked. It does ask to overwrite the existing stuff, but I can now import the files

That is very strange, normally on Android 4 devices it should not ask for permission (since it has it by default), can you try reinstalling the app? The app in the newest version does ask if you want to overwrite or not, but either choice should import the content.

16 (edited by davidisascrub 2016-05-11 06:28:39)

I'm having the same problem raladwhytedrake is having. I'm using the 5e app. I just reinstalled it and is giving me the message:
"The app was not allowed to read your file. Hence, it cannot function properly. Please consider granting it this permission."

I love the app, a lot. Just looking to complete its reference material.

Dear David, do you still have this problem with the newest version?
I tried to solve it, but since I can not reproduce the problem it is hard to tell if I did.
Thanks.

Im having the same issue on android 4.0.3. Permissions show in app, but I get the error when importing!

I reinstalled it a couple of times already. The message says: "The app was not allowed to read your file. Hence, it cannot function properly. Please consider granting it this permission." I Love the app! It works in my phone (android 4.4.4), but in my tablet (4.0.3) I keep getting this error hmm

Astro says "no application for this file type"

You have the app for android but can you download content on an iPhone. This app is wonderful but almost useless to me if I can't download the right content.

Dear user,

You can import the content on an iPhone using either the link next to the content files (Open in iOS app) or when you have a custom file, download the file to dropbox or another file sharing service and on your iPhone/iPad select the file and press Open with.. and select the app.

@jsans24, if Astro fails, try another filebrowser application or open it from gmail / inbox app.
@eduardoclark, Android 4.0.3 is too low, sorry, for importing content you need at least android 4.4+ because of the sql functions we use.

23 (edited by LilNarwhal 2018-08-21 11:26:43)

On IOS, when going on a filesharing app like dropbox and selecting open with, it says no apps support opening the file. Now, im thinking maybe i saved it to dropbox wrong: it's a text file, code that represents the entry

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon File 21-08-2018, 11 18 16.txt --- [Open in app] 1.87 kb, 386 downloads since 2018-08-21 

LilNarwhal wrote:

On IOS, when going on a filesharing app like dropbox and selecting open with, it says no apps support opening the file. Now, im thinking maybe i saved it to dropbox wrong: it's a text file, code that represents the entry

Yes it needs .dd5 as an extension. Just rename the file to .dd5 in the end and it should work.

Yes, it works now, thanks for all!