Topic: Staff of the windwaker + Scroll of translation

I created two new magical items. Stil trying to finetune the prices. Any feedback would be welcome. I have posted the description of the items in the post and you can vind the files atthe bottom of the post.

Scroll of translation

Category: Scroll

Caster Level: 0
Market Price: 500gp
Weight: 0.1lbs
Cost to create: 400gp

Reference:

The scroll of translation is an uncommon magic item. it is created by using the tongues spell on an empty scroll  fur 1 week.

To the casual observer the scroll looks like a mainly  blank scroll. The scroll is divided in two parts by a thin giled line. at the top of the scroll the words "ad unum omnes linguis" are written in curly letters. Thos made by the original inventors also carry their names on either side of this phrase: Kragmire and Gerwoltz.

The scroll has the following properties. The scroll can translate any language written on it and creates a written output into the target language. In order for this the writter must know both the name of the unknown language and the target language and write them on top of the scroll divided by the gilded line.  The scroll works for thirty minutes a day and will regain it's charges after a long rest. If you fail to correctly identify the languge used to write on the scroll, the scroll wil go in overdrive and lose all it's remaining charges for that day.

Staff of the windwaker

Category: Staff

Caster Level: 0
Market Price: 500gp
Weight: 3lbs
Cost to create: 400gp

Reference: The staff of the windwaker looks like an ordinary quarterstaff. It is a 6 feet long straight wooden stick made  from hardened wood. Each end of the stick is covererd wiwth bras tops. The tops are inscribed with air runes. The weapon deals 1d8 bludgeoning damage. being attuned to the staf gives  you a +2 bonus on initiative rolls. Additionally the staff has 1d4 charges. A charge can be used to extend the reach of an attack by 5 feet by creating a gust of cutting wind. Players are allowed to use several charges at once to extend their attacks by a maximum of 20 feet. An attack dealt by using this ability will cause 1d8+dex modifier slashing damage. After a long rest the staff regains 1d4 charges.

Post's attachments

Download: Attachment icon staff of the windwaker and scroll of translation.dd35 --- [Open in app] 2.62 kb, 392 downloads since 2017-02-19 

2 (edited by silas.poock 2017-07-23 04:41:34)

Re: Staff of the windwaker + Scroll of translation

There are a few typos and the description of how the scroll is a bit confusing, perhaps make it have a limited (random) number of uses until it breaks like 1d10+6 and if a language is not properly identified it uses the charge anyways.
I love the scroll and I hope my players will to! Good work