Topic: How do Spell slots work?

Let's say for instance i have a lv 5 paladin who has 4 lv1 spell slots and 2 level 2 spell slots, does that mean the paladin can cast 4 lv 1 spells in a day AND 2 Level 2 spells, or just 4 lv1 OR 2 lv 2s or a combo of the 2?

"My 'Heart' is nothing more than an engine forged from the remnants of a dead star. You know that."

Re: How do Spell slots work?

4 level 1 and 2 level 2, or 5 level 1 and 1 level 2, or 6 level 1 (you can always use a higher spell slot for a lower spell)

Thanks man, the way some guides explained magic were o er complex.

"My 'Heart' is nothing more than an engine forged from the remnants of a dead star. You know that."

I'm playing a Wizard and am trying to figure out how to use the "Learned" field with spells.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

-Azgoth

Azgoth wrote:

I'm playing a Wizard and am trying to figure out how to use the "Learned" field with spells.  Any suggestions?

Hi, the learned field is an indication of the spells which you selected for the day.
So assume you have 4 level 1 slots and 1 level 2 slot, you can select either 4 different level 1 spells and one level 2 spell for that day, or 2 level 1 spells you can cast twice plus one level 2 spell, etc.

Hope that helps!