Topic: Feedback is always welcome

If you have any ideas how to improve the D&D application please let me know in this forum.

I plan the following features:
- Character sheets inside the app
- Import character sheets from common tools
- Export character sheets to common tools
- Include more rule information and quick reference sheets in DM section

Re: Feedback is always welcome

There is a lot of information, but some races like wemic are still missing

Add racial bonuses to character manager.  Fix saving throws to automatically add ability modifiers.

Thank you for the feedback,
This feature is a bit difficult but I will implement it in the future, for now you can do that by just editing the ranks.

Can you explain me what you do, in my app this does not happen.
You might want to try reinstalling the application.

Kind regards,
Bas

I found the problem. It is happening in tablets, I will fix it today.

Sweet, thanks for your help. This really is a great app.

8 (edited by timothy776 2014-10-25 08:17:58)

Hey, I've been using the app for about a week now and so far I'm really impressed with the volume and layout of information available. Obviously there's some content that's still missing - that much has been observed already - but there are a few aspects of the app itself that I'd like to see tweaked:

• The text input fields should default to a capital letter. This is especially true for when I'm creating a character and I have to manually capitalise it as a pronoun.

• In the search fields the 'enter' button on the keyboard creates a carriage return. I would think it would make more sense for it to function as the 'search' button, given I can't think of any circumstance where a search input would require information separated by different lines.

• I'd like to have the option to search within the item descriptions in addition to item names, as sometimes I'll be looking for a spell and can remember the effect, but not necessarily the name.

• Moving through the long lists would be expedited by being able to scroll by alphabetical order; that is, I've seen it done in other apps where you hold your finger to the right hand side of the screen and the list scrolls by alphabetical order, not just by each individual item (for example, the similar app Spellbook - D&D 3.5 does this).

• I've seen some occasions where if a particularly large list is shown the app will sometimes arbitrarily truncate the list. There doesn't seem to be much consistency with it, but it usually happens if I'm looking through the entire, unfiltered spell list on the mobile version of the app.

• It's also been noted elsewhere that a more robust system for custom entries would be useful. Being able to create multiple file entries and batch export them across devices - much like the custom content files available from the other section of this forum - would be a godsend.

Thanks for the app very appreciated.

Missing Spellblade and Spellblade spell list,
Frenzied berseker
And some other class..

Keep up the good work big_smile

Thank you so much for the App, Bas!! As said before, It contains a huge ammount of Information, which makes easier life for us DM!! wink

I'm just beginning using your app, so I can't give you real feedback. As soon as I dive into it, you'll have it, ok??

Keep up the good working!!

11 (edited by adamkiss67 2015-07-11 15:01:22)

I love the app my self and my 3.5 gaming group does too. I would like to see more things on it like skill sorting so new added skill auto sort, adding in ranks points to help you track your max ranks, min tab for weapons and feats so u can see just the names and if u need to expand for a explanation u could. also auto ac calculation would be sweet as well as for auto BAB. but over all its awesome and I have recommended it to many players in my area. few upgrades like these and adding more monster from the other books like the mother of all encounter charts and mm 2-6, creature collection 1-2, and tomb of horrors would be cool. hope to see more added to this app. its great for all 3.5 adventuring.on the skill list the delete buton need to be different so when your rolling you don't delete the skill instead well done

Warbringer

I would like to be able to be of any help I can. I have access to many DND 3.5 books. Please tell me if I can help.

-Young Lady-

Hey guys thanks for the nice feedback, I was a few weeks on holidays but now back working on the app.
I have some really bad news at the moment though. I got an email from google telling me that the app is suspended.. sad

REASON FOR SUSPENSION:Violation of the impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy

I have no clue what triggered the removal or what is the exact issue, I send an appeal and will get a reply in 72 hours. I do not have much hope though. I will keep you informed about this issue, it is very possible that I need to add the app again to the playstore using a different name / discription and package id, meaning that I lose all the current installs, ratings etc..

First of all, hello and I love the app. It has just about everything I could possibly be looking for. A couple of questions though.

Would it be possible to add in gods beyond just the description? I've seen it in a book, although I don't recall which, where gods basically had a monster sheet so they could be used. I'm only looking for the core Pantheon from 3.0.

Second question, and I may have just missed it, but is there a homebrew section for user submitted classes?

Great i Think lot of information..... smile smile

@synyster7x : you can add your custom homebrew classes in the Classes forum (in the middle of the list).
Good idea to add gods as monsters as well, I have to look into that!

Thanks for the suggestions.

When I accidentally load the same data twice, I get duplicates.I'd prefer it if loading new data over wrote the old data instead of creating duplicates. What can I do to get rid of the duplicates?

Dear Flynnwd, you can use the delete button per entry or you can reinstall the app and load the sources once.
I will fix this issue with the files because the idea was that they would overwrite instead.

Hi Bas van Stein,
Will the character manager and npc creator come out for 5e?

Hey, Bas van Stein, I am glad I found your app on Google play, and look forward to doing some things with it! I did have one issue; I misread the part where to register you type in your email address, followed by your account name. I ended up with my pw as my user name. I tried to create another account but was not allowed because of the ip. I waited, tried again to create the alternate account, but was told that the website thought I was a bot. Is there any way to change my user name to 'jdryner' ?
Thanks in advance!

-Jon (jdryner)

21 (edited by Rayziel 2016-10-19 17:28:36)

The skill tab on the character manager has this handy "roll" button. Could we get the same for Attacks, Initiative and Saves? I'd also love a tab for followers/companions and pets (could be simplified: name / type, alignment / stats / attack).

-R.

Yup good ideas, working on it!

Thanks! I love this app - it's so easy to use.

24 (edited by Pudge the orc 2016-12-07 02:53:17)

Hey bas great app. With magic item's I've noticed there is no gold value in the individual listings or any kind of table for value by rarity. If there is one and I'm missing it I apologise. If there isn't one I'd lilove to see it for high magic campaigns

Should definitely get the unearthed arcana topics available for download ASAP. Especially revised Ranger class and other class archetypes