Topic: Announcement: New Character Manager online for 5e!

Dear users,

I am pleased to announce that for the D&D 5 app, the character manager is now available online.
Import your characters from the app (using the share function in the app), edit them online, and export them back into the app.
We will also work on some automated sync features but that will take a while.

The character manager online is currently in beta, any feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Check it out here: https://complete-reference.com/dd5char/

Re: Announcement: New Character Manager online for 5e!

Awesome!

3 (edited by kanaka71 2017-04-11 10:36:41)

Bug report:  Your XP for character generators defaults to what ever is listed in Electrum Pieces slot.  Made one on the mobile app and filled in a current character.  His xp is 21715.  It goes in nice and smooth.  Save page.  Comes back as 6523.  Make one one computer using interface....same deal.  Enter xp, hit save, reload and comes back as 6523.  What ever you have as Electrum pieces fills in your XP ....

another bug report; wont sync correctly between online and phone app.  I constantly have to replace text to phone app after syncing with online.  Notes box and several other entries vanish past a few characters. 

Pages need save button on each page - switching back to home page may be the reason lots of text disappears, or there is a character limit that is small;  I only have 22 characters which remain saved.

First off I love this app and have just recently purchased the character manager however I noticed that Equipment doesn't search through all equipment ie you cant have it pull stats for things like mace of terror or cloak of protection (however that works fine in Inventory), also armor items in Equipment don't update AC under general.

6 (edited by darkpaintedruse 2017-09-26 18:06:50)

bug report: the stats for my skills aren't matching up with the online version. The app version is correct.

Slight of Hand, Stealth, and Acrobatics are listed as CON and not DEX
Arcana, History, Investigation, Nature, and Religion are listed as WIS instead of INT
Animal Handling, Insight, Medicine, Perception, and Survival are listed as INT instead of WIS

Additionally, it looks like the my ability score modifiers for CON/DEX and WIS/INT are also flipped.

Thanks, will look into it asap!

EDIT: I cannot reproduce the issue, did you load the character file online by uploading or by syncing with the app?

Was hoping for a weight counter. It's one of the only things I've found that's missing. Otherwise this is a very good app. The purchase was well worth it. Thanks for all the hard work!

Not all of my skills are showing their bonuses when I try to export as a pdf. Deception, History, Perception, and Stealth are not showing their bonuses.

Thanks for the feedback, is that in the online character manager or in the app?

11 (edited by mrcliftron 2018-08-05 03:07:22)

Just some quick things I've noticed so far about the web app portion of this:

• If you are trying to use the arrows to get to a certain position in a free text field it ends up just going to the next tab. It is probably more usable to just remove the arrow functionality, or at least be able to disable it.

• The background components work very well in the app because of the local database, but you can't really setup the character online very well because the background isn't a category online.

• I've noticed an odd issue with HP for Dwarves where I have had to edit the class HP to factor in the Dwarven Toughness. Not necessarily a huge problem since there is a workaround, but it isn't ideal and looks a little odd. Either a way to add miscellaneous modifiers to health, or a way to have the class affect the HP would be nice.

• It seems like the languages field is missing from the web editor.

I can log into the web site, but I am unable to synch to the online chat manager.  I get an error that my user name or password is incorrect.

Is there any chance that you are going to include the ability to select sub races in the character creator? Right now it's basically unusable.

You can use all the races inside the app, so just import the rest of the (sub) races and it should work fine.

15 (edited by addicteduser 2019-02-10 14:24:37)

Hello!

I am trying to recreate this character using the character manager feature in the mobile app. All the race scores are just 0 (selected race is a Hill Dwarf), instead of having +2 CON and +1 WIS.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 25gqlmt.png 234.95 kb, 164 downloads since 2019-02-10 

Hi,

Currently only the races that are by default in the app are automatically calculated. For custom races you will need to fill in the racial bonuses yourself.
We plan to increase support but this is still in development.

Thanks for letting us know.

App doesn't allow multi-classing once you get beyond choosing archtype. Everytime I go to multiclass it cycles straight to HP generation, doesn't allow me to type anything in.

adam130580 wrote:

App doesn't allow multi-classing once you get beyond choosing archtype. Everytime I go to multiclass it cycles straight to HP generation, doesn't allow me to type anything in.

This is a keyboard issue on Android, try to first go to a text field on another screen and then go back to the manage class section.
That way you should be able to enter something again in the class field.
Multi classing is supported.